Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Don't need words ....


I remember, i topped the school,

Mom had a happiness attack....

She distributed sweets and snack,

You just gently patted my back ..


I remember, my leg was mildly bruised,

This time mom had a panic attack ..

She quickly rushed to get the dressing sack,

You smiled and pulled me back on track..


I remember, my first day in hostel,

Mom's eyes flooded while bidding me goodbye...

You didn't see me eye to eye ,

And tried acting like a tough guy ....


I remember,my home coming from hostel,

Mom hugged me and used to weep...

And served me paranthas in heap...

You only kissed me while i was asleep....


I remember, me crying due to occasional minor pains,

Mom groaning due to swelling in vertebre veins ...

Brother often exhausted with his sales campaigns ,

You consistently punched insulin without any complaints ..


I remember , countless such instances ,

When everybody exercised their freedom of thought ..

And your response was not more than a dot ,

But believe me dad , to me it meant a lot ..


I hope u remember, any of those nights ,

When u were dead tired that u slept with shoe..

Only then i hugged you like a kangaroo.......

Dad, after all i have inherited a lot from you.. :)


I Know , we both don’t need words ,

We can comfortably communicate like birds .....


Written by : Tarun Aggarwal

19 comments:

ashish said...

yaar....bahut aage pahunch gaya hai..

marvellous structure...
last line "communicate like birds" took the cake.....

Tarun aggarwal said...

bhai can't beat u in abstract writing ...i think u r master at it..

Unknown said...

Bro this is the biggest thing u have given to papa he will never forget this in his life i m sure ...u have described him in the most exact way .....i think u can be chetan bhagat of india start writing some book.....waiting for more excellent work here....keep writing...

Devesh said...

felt one thing on reading it, tht it came direct Dile Se!! gr8 writing from you T@run, keep posting

Tarun Aggarwal said...

@ brother ..only u can understand in fullest sense what i wanted to convey ...this was just a small token to papa ...and ya will keep writing more as and when time permits ..

@ devesh ...u said it absolutly rite ....it came direct dil se...these feeings cannot be vicarious ..

Ankur Verma said...

good work done.. a tribute to parents.. keep up
cheers

Divya Prakash said...

Amazing boss ....it's nice to see u brought in father in the poem .. very few people touched this delicate,tacit relation ...
I'm impressed !!
I can wish and say only one thing KEEP WRITING ...
I'm sure many such insightful pieces are yet to come !!
Regards
Dvya Prakash Dubey

Tarun aggarwal said...

@ verma ..thanks ..will surely keep posting more ...and yeah a small gift to parents ..

@ dp ..it means great to be appreciated by you ...ya i know its a very tacit relation ...thats what i wanted to convey thru this ...

Bansal said...

Tarun I loved this one, how beautifully the chemistry of father-son relationship, you have described in words. Ganju is right tu bahut aage chala gya hai.. m again saying start professional writing.

Bansal said...

one more thing photos selection is excellent...

Tarun Aggarwal said...

@ bansal....thanks a lot for ur words of appreciation ...its a grt motivation for me to write more and better ....

Unknown said...

Impeccably brilliant bro.. Makes u think o all those moments and leap into your past and give it a fair thought.. A relation very few try to pen down...

Rinkey said...

Inexplicable....(the poem,the pic,and most importantly the content)..But very well executed.Keep up with the gr8 job...By far ur best in this lot...

Tarun aggarwal said...

@ zahed ...thanks bro..for ur kind words..

@ rinkey..thanks a lot for ur appreciation..keep reading...:)

naive_dheeraj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Exellent...u hv actually defined a father here nd u r absolutely right dt a father is always like it he keeps on giving nd giving but never express anything....
Highly impressed by ur writing i cud never expect i m going to meet such a gr8 poet...
keep it up

Tarun Aggarwal said...

thanks bhabhi ..for ur gr8 words of appreciation ...they keep me motivating ...ya its a very unique relation ...inexplicable.but still i tried to jot it down in words...

Gaurav Prasad said...

Amazzing!! and true...... just cant stop reading it again and again.....!!!

Unknown said...

well. what shall i say?
u r just too good. keep it up......

Powered By Blogger