Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Perfect Host...

 

I smiled at her,

She smiled back.

She had the looks

To make a mirror crack.

 

Buoyed by her response,

I repeated my action.

I was overjoyed,

To see the same reaction.

 

I mustered up courage,

And grew in confidence.

Grab this moment now,

Blurted out my conscience.

 

I attempted the last laugh,

To ascertain the uncertainty.

Her positive response,

Would have allayed all my ambiguity.

 

She bent down,

This was the climax.

I was already intoxicated,

By aroma of opposite sex.

 

Unexpected happened,

And googly was bowled,

She handed me a feedback form,

Leaving me cold.

 

Then it dawned upon me,

She was only doing her duty.

And I as usual,

Was adoring the beauty.

 

I looked out of window,

Smiled at my few moments of glory.

She played a perfect host,

On my flight to Delhi.

 

Regards 

T@run  @ggarwal..

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Deepak Bagga said...

Great boss..........

You are great.I didn't know it before that you are such agreat poet...

Tarun aggarwal said...

thanks bagga ...ya i just started writing a few days back...

ashish said...

i cannot resist without commenting.....

this is the fisrt poem in my life that i read in one breath, assimilating and enjoying its essence simultaneously......

allow me to even say that this poem is a genre in itself for titillating us through poetic route and that too without any bumpers...!!!

Tarun aggarwal said...

hey ashish ..i m delighted and feel privileged to receive such high words of appreciation from ur side...

Dheeraj / Ankita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dheeraj / Ankita said...

man, it keeps getting better & better as i scroll down ...
awesome funny poem ... u got spunk dude ...

PS: too bad she didnt leave her phone no. on the feedback form, or did she :P

Powered By Blogger