Saturday, January 17, 2009

New phase of moon...


The news pinched me like a barbed wire,

I was shocked and my thoughts went haywire

Yes there was smoke, yes there was fire................

 

The bubble busted and out came my chewing gum,

I wanted to scream, but dunno why I kept mum,

I won’t lie, I was uncomfortably numb.................

 

The timing of news was inopportune,

My eyelids drenched in this premature monsoon,

To be candid, I didn’t expect these vagaries so soon.....

 

You think I don’t remember the month; it was June.

I plucked an old flower then; you have kissed a new one so soon.

Head got it but heart didn’t, this is the new phase of moon.....

 

As always, u gifted me a surprise,

As always, I couldn’t surmise,

But this time, you left no options for me to improvise..........

 

I always knew you were far better than me,

Mine was black, and you loved green tea,

I can't complain now, as it was my decree..............

 

There are times when you act stupid.

Realization only comes later for what u did.

I still feel dear, in those times I was a kid..........

 

Regards 

T@run  @ggarwal..

12 comments:

Unknown said...

bhai.....the poem is good....but really difficult to understand contextually.....hope u got my point...i mean to say....the incidents which u have tried to capture in its various sections, are appearing difficult to understand....

SHEETAL BHAT said...

sorry...above comment is mine only....but by mistake i was logged in into rounak's account....

Tarun aggarwal said...

i know that ...:)..thanks for your comments ..

Tarun aggarwal said...

i think u need to read it carefully to get what i wanna say ?

SHEETAL BHAT said...

i will read it again now...in light of what u told me...while chatting....anyways...have uploaded photos of savan durga on my blog.....u may have a look....

Deepak Bagga said...

amazing boss.......

you poem tells me two things one thing that the poet wanted to tell and the second you are a great poet.

I guess whoever will read this poem will feel something different, strange but very emotional..

Tarun aggarwal said...

thanks bagga for ur appreciation...

Ekata Banerjee said...

Hey Tarun,
Its a wonderful poem! aft checkin ur comment on 1 of my poems i went thru ur wrks, its wonderful!! Keep Writing :)

Ankur Verma said...

Dear,
Who is it addressed to?
Nice one though..

Tarun aggarwal said...

@ ekta ..thanks for ur appreciation ...

@ bluemoon ....thanks for ur praise ...and addressed to ..?...hmmm....a figment of my imagination ...:)

Anonymous said...

Though she loved green tea....but she could have easily shifted to black tea ...only for u ...

Tarun aggarwal said...

who is this ?

Powered By Blogger