Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Rockstar...



While clearing my closet today,
Came across our old pic,
When I was just born and pretty heavy
And you were as thin as a stick,
You trying to hold and support me
(While I was struggling...)
Waiting for photographer to click.

 
I recollected our growing up years,
When we used to frequently fight,
Over reasons ranging from,
Color of the kite,
Mom’s pulav’s  (rice dish )extra byte
Or switching off the light
Every time you  were blamed for the same,
Dunno why I didn’t feel right!!!
Although I never uttered a word
And kept quite.

 

I remember our school years,
When u were constantly being compared with me,
By parents, teachers and peers,
I topped the board,
Ur results were not great  
I got fit then,
U gained weight
My handwriting was beautiful,
And yours difficult to read
I was calm, obedient and ideal,
You altogether different breed!

 

I knew you always wished me success,
Inspite of going through so much of pain
However,
Every time u were being taunted
I hated myself for
Being reason for the same.

 
Frankly I didn’t really care,
How good or bad u were at study,
For me, you were my best buddy
Teaching me how to ride,
From bicycle to car,
Standing behind me,
In all adverse situations so far,
Believe me,
For me, you were always a rockstar!

 
As for comparisons,

Let me put it straight here
You were always a fast learner
From gadgets to bikes,
Computer to kites
And loved to explore
I was always a laggard
And theoretical to the core
You stood for passion, fun and ambition
And wanted to touch the sky
I only did what I was told,
And was bland, dry and shy
I was neutral about everything
You always had Ur point of view
You believed in shortcuts
I always struck to queue
Perhaps thats why,
You faced lot of critic
As I was moderate
And you a  maverick.

 
Let me also confess,
I have copied a lot from you,
Both knowingly and unknowingly
Without even telling you
A lot for which I have been praised
Has actually come from you.

 
25 years have passed since this pic was taken
A lot has changed …

 Added responsibilities
Increasing waist size,
Life following sine curve
From Low to high.

 And lot has remained unchanged...
You still try to hold and support me...
And I as usual struggle…

 Thanks bro for always being there
The bond we share is special and rare …!!

Written by :-
T@run Aggarwal

 

 

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

Ankit said...

charismatic writing, Tarun.

Tarun Aggarwal said...

thanks ankit

Powered By Blogger