Friday, April 08, 2016

Love is Blind !!




I had a dream last night,
That you had a dream last night,
That I was thinking about you 
And you thinking about me.

I was smiling & nostalgic,
Thinking about you, 
Re-living our first meeting,
Under the sun, 
To feelings growing one by one,
& days of unadulterated fun, 
It felt as if,
Our love affair has just begun,
With so many things to be done 
And create memories for times to come!

And then I saw your face,
It was tense and dry,
The mere sight of me,
Even in your dreams,
Made you cry.

For the first time,
I saw a wrinkle on your face,
And your ever confident confidence 
Was waiting for someone to embrace! 

I was surprised, 
As you were never like that, 
Always balanced and in control,
And focused on your goal.
Emotions & feelings,
In your scheme of things, 
Had no role.

I wouldn’t hide, I was ecstatic for a moment,
To see the same pain of longing in your eyes, 
I was relieved that finally the,
Fire is on both the sides!

But then it struck upon me,
It was all happening in my dream, 
Your dream was actually my yearning, 
You had moved ahead long time back 
Leaving me burning!

For you it was a fling, 
For me it was a spring...
You walked out like a spectator,
And I kept playing in the ring!

Somewhere I always knew, 
That you will easily forget me, 
Like evaporating steam,
A bad dream
Or evanescent stream!
But the eternal optimist in me,
Still kept investing,
Knowing it to be a Ponzi scheme.

To be frank. 
I tried doing the same too, 
Forget you, 
Strumming my guitar strings, 
With zillion painful screams,
But here you are,
In my dream of dreams!!
And I still wanting you to be in my team.


Perhaps that’s how it is designed,
One Moves on,
Without caring for,
Who is left behind,
The other,
Waits despite being declined ….!!
Perhaps that’s why they say...
Love is blind!!

By  T@run @GG@RWAL

No comments:

Powered By Blogger